Hi everyone, today we’re focusing on Hay Fever Tips to help you enjoy your summer without worrying about allergies!
Peak allergy season is well and truly here and for Hay fever sufferers they know what this means. Running, streaming, itchy nose and eyes, cancelling plans, hard to look at bright lights, red, sore nose. Have we missed anything?! As an allergy sufferer myself I used to dread from April – September, but as I got older I learned tips and tricks to help manage my allergies. That’s what I’m going to share with you today!
Can you develop Hay Fever if you’ve never had it before?
This is a very common question that we get asked – and Aoife Forde, the Supervising pharmacist in Foody’s Pharmacy has given us the answer! Yes. Hay Fever / Allergies can develop as we get older, a pain, we know. This could be down to a number of reasons: living location, work location, pollen counts rising, lowered immune system, and pollution. The good news is, there are lots you can do once you identify your symptoms as hay fever.
How can I tell if I have Hay Fever?
There are a number of symptoms to look out for when trying to identify Hay Fever:
- Irritation/Itchy feeling in eyes, nose throat
- Streaming eyes and nose
- Sensitive to bright lights
- Prolonged periods of the listed symptoms
What can I do to help Hay Fever symptoms?
- Prevent with Allergy Nasal Filter – this has been a God-send for me since I joined the Nasal Medical team. I am always sure to have a box in my bag in case pollen spikes!
- Keep an eye on pollen counts every day so you can be prepared
- Always have your supplies at hand – whether it’s your Nasal Filter, Eye drops, nasal spray or tablet – be ready!
- If pollen levels are high don’t dry your clothes outdoors & keep windows shut
- During peak pollen season have a shower at night & wash your clothes and hair to ensure you’re not inhaling pollen at night.
- Don’t cancel your plans because of your allergies – but do think ahead. Pack what you need, keep an eye on pollen levels, and wear a Nasal Filter to block allergens entering your nose!
What is the Allergy Nasal Filter and how does it work?
Our Allergy Nasal Filter is a small device which is inserted in to the nose and works to help block pollen and allergens from entering. It was made with allergy sufferers in mind, it’s very soft material, movable, easy to breathe through and comfortable to wear. It’s a drug-free solution to allergy prevention, with no side effects like traditional medication.
Here’s a picture below:
If you would like to try the Allergy Filter, and have a summer without the worry of Allergies click HERE.
If you have any questions be sure to get in touch at: [email protected].
Until next time – remember these tips!